It's a Wrap!
Discover the Building Universe was the theme to the NAHB’s International Builders' Show® (IBS), and that's exactly what attendees took away with from this three-day event. From the time the show opened on Tuesday until the doors closed, building industry professionals discovered an expansive universe of products and innovative concepts designed to enhance their businesses moving forward.
The Builders’ Show, as part of Design & Construction Week® (DCW), featured the co-location of IBS and the National Kitchen & Bath Association’s Kitchen & Bath Industry Show® (KBIS). This year, DCW also included two partner events – the International Window Coverings Expo (IWCE) and The International Surface Event (TISE). This mega-event brought together more than 110,000 builders, general contractors, remodelers, designers, flooring professionals, as well as product specifiers from around the globe.
Here are just a few of the many highlights:
- IBS kicked-off with comedian and all-around nice guy, Jay Leno.
- Thousands of building professionals attended more than 120+ education sessions from 8 tracks that covered the breadth of the entire building industry.
- IBS Live sessions and demonstrations at the High Performance Building Zone (HPBZ) were hot-places to be – showcasing innovative ideas and information to all in a lively, entertaining manner.
- The 33nd Edition of The New American Home® – NAHB's show home – welcomed thousands.
- Experiential learning provided attendees with a new experience in learning, including peer-to-peer and attendee-driven learning, such as group-talks and crowdsourced programs, and interactive education rooms.
- Spot Fred, the Food Truck Alley, the barista artist and so much more popped up all over social media (#IBSVegas) as attendees were excited to share their fun experiences.
- Close to 300 entries in nine categories were received in the 2016 Best of IBS Awards, which were presented Thursday afternoon. Check out the winners!
- Each day, many new solutions were discovered through networking breakfasts and coffee chats at the six Centrals.
- After hours events included the Official IBS House Party, the National Sales & Marketing Awards (The NationalsSM), the Best in American Living™ Awards and the Young Professionals After Hours Party.
- The IBS Spike Concert Presented by GEICO featured the number one selling duo, Daryl Hall & John Oates.
The International Builders' Show® will be in Orlando January 10-12, 2017. See you there!
Close to 300 entries in nine categories were received in the 2016 Best of IBS Awards. Check out all of our finalists and winners to see why our judges named them the BEST OF IBS 2016!
Check out IBS TV to see what happened at IBS 2016! Also check out The 2016 New American Home in Las Vegas.