Sunday, January 29 | 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM PST
LOCATION: Encore Hotel - Brahms 1
REGISTRATION TYPE: IBS Expo-only, but additional purchase required
RELATED DESIGNATION(S): CGA, GMB, GMR
SIGNATURE GROUP(S): Pre-show Course
CONTINUING EDUCATION: NAHB - 6.0 CE hour(s)
What It's About
Improve your understanding of financial reports and learn how to use analytical tools that increase profit potential and add important data to decision making. This course for building professionals explores many tools that will allow you to take your company's financial temperature and other vital signs and choose corrective measures to assure continued business health. Learn how to start with business plans, budgets, and goals, informed by your local business potential, and choose the most profitable paths to move forward. Learn about specific financial tools, including ratio analysis tips, pricing formulas, labor burden calculators, and slippage calculators, that will help make money on all projects. Finally, we will demonstrate the value and use of pro forma analysis to predict profits and cash flows.
As a graduate of this course, participants will be able to:
- A current and accurate business plan is important for a successful business. In this course, you will review a sample business plan and analyze financial results using ratios.
- In business and in life, goals are an essential part of a planning. This course will assist you in identifying personal and business goals and quantify the affects to your financial planning.
- One of the necessary tools in a business plan is the pro forma. This course will help you to assemble pro formas to create an operating budget that incorporates personal and business goals.
- One thing that is certain in life is change. In this course you will identify ways to effectively manage a business’s financial results and respond to changes.
This course qualifies for:
- 6.0 CE for AIBD
- 6 CE for all NAHB Designations except HCCP
Get the "Financial Forecasting in Microsoft Excel" ebook free ($20.99 value) through BuilderBooks.com when you register for this course at IBS!
How to Register
Attendees must register separately for pre-show courses, which require an additional fee. If you are attending IBS, pre-show courses can be added during the IBS registration process. If you are not attending IBS, you can register online in advance for a pre-show course only. Registration for pre-show courses will close in advance of the show. See the pre-show education information for details. Limited onsite registration may be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
REGISTRATION TO OPEN SEPT 1, 2022 AT WWW.BUILDERSSHOW.COM/PRESHOW
NAHB Council Member Fee: $249
NAHB/NKBA Member Fee: $279
Non-Member Fee: $419