Monday, January 30 | 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Encore Hotel - Brahms 2
What It’s About
This newly revised (2022) half-day course will focus on Businesss Acounting. Understanding your financial statements is critical to managing your business. This course explains the various financial statements, why they are important, and what they can tell you. Topics include business planning, accounting terminology, building a chart of accounts specific to the construction industry, a detailed discussion of each financial statement, basic ratio analysis and benchmarking, and accounting best practices.
As a graduate of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define basic construction accounting concepts and terminology
- Describe the components of each financial statement and the information each provides
- Understand how to read and interpret financial statements
- Calculate basic financial statement ratios and interpret their meaning
- Describe weekly and monthly accounting processes to ensure financial statements are accurate
This course qualifies for:
- 3 CE for all NAHB Designations except HCCP
Get the "Finding Hidden Profits: A Guide for Custom Builders, Remodelers, and Architects" ebook free through BuilderBooks.com when you register for this course at IBS!
How to Register
Attendees must register separately for pre-show courses, which require an additional fee. If you are attending IBS, pre-show courses can be added during the IBS registration process. If you are not attending IBS, you can register online in advance for a pre-show course only. Registration for pre-show courses will close in advance of the show. See the pre-show education information for details. Limited onsite registration may be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
REGISTRATION TO OPEN SEPT 1, 2022 AT WWW.BUILDERSSHOW.COM/PRESHOW THIS IS A 1/2 DAY COURSE.