Builders' Show Scholarship Program
The 2023 IBS scholarship application is now closed. All applicants have been notified.
The NAHB International Builders' Show® (IBS) Scholarship Program is a way for NAHB members who are 21-35 years old to experience everything IBS offers:
- New experiences
- Professional development through education sessions
- Connections with industry peers
- Networking & learning opportunities with leading industry experts
- Learn new trends
- Discover innovative products
This IBS Scholarship is a prestigious award that provides recipients with an All-Access Pass to IBS 2023, roundtrip economy airfare, hotel accommodations for the show, bragging rights... and more!
Check out our FAQs section below to learn more. Information about the 2024 IBS scholarship program will be available May 2023.
Hear from IBS 2022 Recipients
“With the show, you get what you put in it. If you go there and you put in the hours by walking the show floor, attending classes and the social events at night, you’re going to get a lot more out of it and bring a lot of value back to wherever you come from. You’ll be better than you were when you went.”
Brandon Jackson, Jackson Brothers Construction Services LLC
“The networking at the show was great. I was able to attend a couple of the evening events with the scholarship attendees to kick the show off. And during the day I found time to reconnect with people I do business with at home, while also catching up with some of our sales managers.”
Ashley Atkinson Williamson, Sequoia Development & Williamson Development
“This being my first IBS that I've attended, I appreciated having fellow scholars to explore the show with. It offered a comfortable space to jump off and network from, so you didn’t feel like you were just lost in a huge crowd. Meeting experienced building professionals, as well as participating in the educational sessions were the two biggest benefits that I was able to take away from this year's show.”
Matt Pocta, Bald Cypress Builders LLC
Who is eligible to apply?
NAHB members** in good standing between the ages of 21-35. This opportunity is only open to legal residents of the US. Recipients will be required to complete a declaration of eligibility and release form and include tax ID information to receive the scholarship.** Staff from manufacturers, suppliers and software providers are not eligible. NAHB members must be between 21-35 when applying for the scholarship. If you turn 36 after applying and/or leading up to the show that is acceptable.
Do I need to be the NAHB member record holder to apply?
No, if someone in your company is an NAHB member then you can still apply. You will need their HBA/Local Association Name, Local Association number and NAHB member pin/ID number.
How do I find my HBA/local association number?
Search for your local association name and number on nahb.org.
How do I apply?
The IBS 2023 scholarship application is now closed. Check back Spring 2023 for information about this opportunity for IBS 2024.
What can I do to stand out?
Your video is a great place to show us who you are and why you should be selected for this incredible opportunity.
A good starting point could be answering questions such as:
- What projects are you currently working on?
- How do you anticipate the show will prepare you to address your current challenges?
- Why are you in the home building industry? What does it mean to you?
- If you have been to the show before, tell us about that experience. How will attending as a scholarship recipient be different?
- What education topics are most exciting to you?
- What specific products do you want to see?
There is also an About You section of the application where you can share more about yourself, your achievements, professional challenges and HBA/local association involvement.
What is the scholarship application deadline?
To be a considered for a scholarship, your final application and video must be submitted no later than our grace period deadline of June 6, 2022 at noon ET.
If I received a scholarship to the Builders' Show in the past, can I receive another one?
No, unfortunately we can only offer a limited number of scholarships and we need to give new recipients the opportunity to experience the show.
How many recipients will be selected?
Up to 20 NAHB members will be selected to receive a 2023 Builders’ Show scholarship.
When will I know if I was selected for a scholarship?
All applicants will be notified in August 2022.
What does the scholarship include?
All-inclusive access to IBS 2023:
- One registration to Pro Builder & Pro Remodeler's U40 Leadership Summit (Monday, January 30)
- Roundtrip economy airfare for one to Las Vegas (up to $800)
- 5-night hotel stay at NAHB designated hotel (Sunday - Thursday, January 29 - February 2, 2023)
- Scholarship Meet & Greet (Sunday, January 29, 2023)
- One Ticket to House Party (Tuesday, January 31)
- One Ticket to YP Party (Wednesday, February 1)
- .....and MORE!
You'll experience everything you need to jump start your career goals in 2023 and have some fun too!
What is not included in the scholarship?
The following are not included in the scholarship:
- Spouse registration, special event tickets or travel/transportation costs
- Hotel incidentals, such as early check-in, bar tabs, etc.
- Other travel/transportation expenses beyond the 5-night hotel stay and airfare to/from Las Vegas, i.e. extended hotel stay fees, taxis, airport shuttles, Lyft, Uber, etc.
- Airfare add-on fees, i.e. early-bird check-in, extra leg room, etc.
Contact Lauren Wallace with any questions.
Can I choose my hotel?
No. As a part of the scholarship program experience, all recipients will be required to stay in the same NAHB designated hotel room block. NAHB will cover the room and tax fees for the 5-night hotel stay (January 29 - February 2, 2023).
How does the airfare work?
All recipients will book their own airfare to/from the Harry Reid International Airport (LAS) and submit their airfare receipt to the scholarship liaison for reimbursement. NAHB will reimburse the scholarship recipient up to $800 for round trip economy airfare.
Airfare add-ons, such as extra leg room or early-bird check-in fees are not eligible for reimbursement.
Can I post about this experience on social media?
Absolutely! Be sure to follow the Builders’ Show and use #IBS2023 #IBSscholarship to share your experience.
* FAQs updated August 16, 2022. Details subject to change.