Who is eligible to apply?
NAHB members in good standing between the ages of 21-35. This opportunity is only open to legal residents of the US. Recipients will be required to complete a declaration of eligibility and release form and include tax ID information to receive the scholarship.
Do I need to be the NAHB member record holder to apply?
No, if someone in your company is an NAHB member then you can still apply. You will need their HBA/Local Association Name, Local Association number and NAHB member pin/ID number.
The IBS 2021 scholarship application is now closed. Check back in April 2021 for information about this opportunity for IBS 2022.
What does the scholarship include?
All-inclusive access to IBS 2021:
- One IBS 2021 full registration (includes expo floor and education session access)
- Roundtrip economy airfare for one to Orlando (up to $500)
- 4-night hotel stay at NAHB designated hotel (Monday-Thursday, February 8-11, 2021)
- Scholarship Meet & Greet (Monday, February 8, 2021)
- .....and MORE!
You'll experience everything you need to jump start your career goals in 2021 and have some fun too!
No. As a part of the scholarship program experience, all recipients will be required to stay in the same NAHB designated hotel room block. NAHB will cover the room and tax fees for the 4-night hotel stay (February 8-11, 2021).
How does the airfare work?
All recipients will book their own airfare to/from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) and submit their airfare receipt to the scholarship liaison for reimbursement. NAHB will reimburse the scholarship recipient up to $500 for round trip economy airfare. Airfare add-ons, such as extra leg room or early-bird check-in fees are not eligible for reimbursement.
What is not included in the scholarship?
The following are not included in the scholarship:
- Spouse registration, special event tickets or travel/transportation costs
- Hotel incidentals, such as early check-in
- Other travel/transportation expenses beyond the 4-night hotel stay and airfare to/from Orlando, i.e. extended hotel stay fees, taxis, airport shuttles, Lyft, Uber, etc.
- Airfare add-on fees, i.e. early-bird check-in, extra leg room, etc.
Contact Lea Casas with any questions.
Can I post about this experience on social media?
Absolutely! Be sure to follow the Builders’ Show and use #IBS2021 #IBSscholarship to share your experience.
*Revised June 16, 2020. Details subject to change.