Exhibitor Press Opportunities
All IBS exhibitors are given the ability to create and maintain their own unique online profile containing the information and links they feel are important to share with visitors to the IBS website. Exhibitors customize their online profile to contain important contact information, product information, information about show specials, press releases and much more. Exhibitors may include as many company press releases as they like.
Online Press Kits
In an effort to make finding exhibitor product and promotional information more accessible to members of the press, exhibitors will have the opportunity to post their press kits virtually on BuildersShow.com. Exhibitors may post product information, photos, press releases and other relevant materials online in the new online press kit room. The online press kit section will go live on the website on the opening day of the show and will be downloadable by members of the press during the show and beyond. Exhibitors have the ability to post their materials throughout the year, but are encouraged to post materials prior to the opening day of the show to maximize exposure.
*Please note that the online press kit room has taken the place of the former physical press kit room at the show. There is not space for exhibitors to display press materials in the press complex. Please plan to use the online press kit section, and/or display any hard copy press kit materials in your booth.
Starting November 1, Exhibitors may begin to upload their press kit items, by logging in to the IBS Exhibitor Portal section.
Onsite Press Event Guidelines
- All press events must be approved by the NAHB Convention and Communications departments. Press Event Request Forms must be submitted by January 6 to be considered.
- Press events (news briefings, product demos, etc.) may be held in your booth between 7:00 am and 9:00 am on Wednesday, February 1 or Thursday, February 2.
- Your booth must be at least 600 sq. ft. to host a press event. It is the exhibitor's responsibility to find out from the appropriate person in your company to determine if your booth meets the press event guidelines. Aisles must be kept clear at all times.
- If you plan to serve food and beverages at your event, it is your responsibility to contact the appropriate catering service. We will supply contact information upon approval of your request.
- NAHB will notify convention security of approved press events, however it is the exhibitor's responsibility to direct their invited guests from the convention hall entrance to their booth.
- Your press event must be completed and all catering equipment, extra chairs, etc., removed from the exposition area at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled exhibit opening time.
The deadline to apply to host a pre-show press event is Friday, January 6. Please submit the Press Event Request Form to be considered.
If you are a registered exhibitor at the 2023 International Builders' Show, you have access to the DCW pre-registered press list.
To access the latest press list, please login to the IBS Exhibitor Portal. Note: The first 2023 pre-registered list will be posted in November, with weekly updates until the close of press registration.
Please note that NAHB has an opt-out policy for members of the press, therefore we can only distribute full contact information for those reporters who choose to receive product information.