What It's About
This course will explore the dynamics of personalities, generations, cultures, and their relationship to today’s home buyer. Why, where, and how are they making their home buying decisions? How are home buyers affected by global, national and local events, trends, and cultures? Can the new home sales professional be an expert on these aspects? The course will examine how different buyer profiles choose to look for new homes all the way to making their home buying decision. We will also investigate what to do and what not to do, in addition to other suggested techniques for selling to today’s home buyer. Lastly, the course will review best practices for marketing, advertising, merchandising, and modes of communication.
As a graduate of this course, participants will be able to:
- Learn about today’s new home buyers: Who are they? What are they looking for? How are they looking? In this course you will discuss the ever-changing demographics of new home buyers.
- In addition to the questions of who and what, you will examine the differences between generations and how age shapes home buying preferences.
- Through this course you will demonstrate helpful tips on how to market and sell to each different generation.
- In addition to generational differences there are also abundant cultural differences in today’s home buyers. You will differentiate the wants and needs of new home buyers from various cultures.
- Different generations, cultures and needs demand unique features in their homes. In this course, you will identify the design style and color preferences in today’s new home buyer market.
This course qualifies for:
- 6.0 CE for AIBD
- 6 CE for all NAHB Designations except HCCP
How to Register
Attendees must register separately for pre-show courses, which require an additional fee. If you are attending IBS, pre-show courses can be added during the IBS registration process. If you are not attending IBS, you can register online in advance for a pre-show course only. Registration for pre-show courses will close in advance of the show. See the NAHB courses information for details. Limited onsite registration may be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Sales & Marketing