Who is eligible to apply?
NAHB members in good standing between the ages of 21-35. This opportunity is only open to legal residents of the US. Recipients will be required to complete a declaration of eligibility and release form and include tax ID information to receive the scholarship.
Do I need to be the NAHB member record holder to apply?
No, if someone in your company is an NAHB member then you can still apply. You will need their HBA/Local Association Name, Local Association number and NAHB member pin/ID number.
How do I find my HBA/Local Association number?
Check here to search for your Local Association name and number.
How do I apply?
Scholarship applications will be accepted May 4-June 5. Click here and select 'Builders' Show Scholarship Program' from the drop-down listing of NAHB programs and award opportunities.
To access the site, you will be required to enter your NAHB.org login credentials. New users will be able to create an account.
You will need to complete an application and provide a video response to the question, “How will attending the 2021 NAHB International Builders’ Show® impact my professional development and benefit my business?” Your video should be at least 1 minute long and in an approved format (.mov or .mp4).
What can I do to stand out?
Your video is a great place to show us who you are and why you should be selected for this incredible opportunity.
A good starting point could be answering questions such as:
- What projects are you currently working on?
- How do you anticipate the show will prepare you to address your current challenges?
- Why are you in the home building industry? What does it mean to you?
- If you have been to the show before, tell us about that experience. How will attending as a scholarship recipient be different?
- What education topics are most exciting to you?
- What specific products do you want to see?
There is also an 'About You' section of the application where you can share more about yourself, your achievements, professional challenges and HBA/local association involvement.
What is the scholarship application deadline?
Your application and video must be submitted and final no later than June 5, 2020 to be considered.
If I received a scholarship to the Builders' Show in the past, can I receive another one?
No, unfortunately we can only offer a limited number of scholarships and we need to give new recipients the opportunity to experience the show.
When will I know if I was selected for a scholarship?
All applicants will be notified July 6-10, 2020.
What does the scholarship include?
All-inclusive access to IBS 2021:
- One IBS 2021 full registration (includes expo floor and education session access)
- Roundtrip economy airfare for one to Orlando (up to $600)
- 4-night hotel stay at NAHB designated hotel (Monday-Thursday, February 8-11, 2021)
- Scholarship Meet & Greet (Monday, February 8, 2021)
- One ticket to the Official IBS House Party (Tuesday, February 9, 2021)
- One ticket to the Young Pro Party (Wednesday, February 10, 2021)
You'll experience everything you need to jump start your career goals in 2021 and have some fun too!
No. As a part of the scholarship program experience, all recipients will be required to stay in the same NAHB designated hotel room block. NAHB will cover the room and tax fees for the 4-night hotel stay (February 8-11, 2021).
How does the airfare work?
All recipients will book their own airfare to/from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) and submit their airfare receipt to the scholarship liaison for reimbursement. NAHB will reimburse the scholarship recipient up to $500 for round trip economy airfare.
Airfare add-ons, such as extra leg room or early-bird check-in fees are not eligible for reimbursement.
What is not included in the scholarship?
The following are not included in the scholarship:
- Spouse registration, special event tickets or travel/transportation costs
- Hotel incidentals, such as early check-in
- Other travel/transportation expenses beyond the 4-night hotel stay and airfare to/from Orlando, i.e. extended hotel stay fees, taxis, airport shuttles, Lyft, Uber, etc.
- Airfare add-on fees, i.e. early-bird check-in, extra leg room, etc.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Can I post about this experience on social media?
Absolutely! Be sure to follow the Builders’ Show and use #IBS2021 #IBSscholarship to share your experience.