Scholarship application closes May 31!
To apply, click 'APPLY NOW' and select 'Builders' Show Scholarship Program' from the drop down listing of NAHB award opportunities.
APPLYING FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
Who is eligible to apply?
NAHB members in good standing between the ages of 21-35. This opportunity is only open to legal residents of the US. Recipients will be required to complete a declaration of eligibility and release form and include tax ID information to receive the Scholarship.
Do I need to be the NAHB member record holder to apply?
No, if someone in your company is an NAHB member then you can still apply. You will need their HBA/Local Association Name, Local Association number and NAHB member pin/ID number.
I don’t know my HBA/Local Association information. How do I find it?
Check here to find your Local Association name and number.
The scholarship application closes May 31. Click here to apply and select 'Builders' Show Scholarship Program' from the drop down listing of NAHB award opportunities.
You will need to complete an application and provide a video response to the question “How will attending the 2020 NAHB International Builders’ Show® impact my professional development and benefit my business?”. Your video should be at least 1 minute long and in an approved format (.mov, .mp4 or .wmv).
What can I do to stand out?
Your video is a great place to show us who you are and why you should be selected for this incredible opportunity.
A good starting point could be answering questions such as:
- What projects are you currently working on?
- How do you anticipate the show will prepare you to address your current challenges?
- Why are you in the home building industry? What does it mean to you?
- If you have been to the show before, tell us about that experience. How will attending as a scholarship recipient be different?
- What education topics are most exciting to you?
- What specific products do you want to see?
There is also an About You section of the application where you can share more about yourself, your achievements, professional challenges and HBA/local association involvement.
What is the scholarship application deadline?
Your completed application and video must be submitted no later than May 31, 2019 to be considered.
If I received a scholarship to the Builders' Show in the past, can I receive another one?
No, unfortunately we can only offer a limited number of scholarships and we need to give new recipients the opportunity to experience the show.
How many recipients will be selected?
Up to 20 NAHB members will be selected to receive a 2020 Builders’ Show scholarship.
When will I know if I was selected for a scholarship?
All applicants will be notified the week of July 8, 2019.
What does the scholarship include?
All-inclusive access to IBS 2020:
- One IBS 2020 full registration (includes expo floor and education session access)
- Roundtrip economy airfare for one to Las Vegas (up to $600)
- 4-night hotel stay at NAHB designated hotel (Monday-Thursday, January 20-23, 2020)
- Scholarship Meet & Greet (Monday, January 20, 2020)
- One ticket to the Official IBS House Party (Tuesday, January 21, 2020)
- One ticket to the Young Pro Party (Wednesday, January 22, 2020)
- One Las Vegas Monorail 3-day pass
You'll experience everything you need to jump start your career goals in 2020 and have some fun too!
No. As a part of the scholarship program experience, all recipients will be required to stay in the same NAHB designated hotel room block. NAHB will cover the room and tax fees for the 4-night hotel stay (January 20-23, 2020).
How does the airfare work?
All recipients will book their own airfare to/from the McCarran International Airport (LAS) in Las Vegas and submit their airfare receipt to the scholarship liaison for reimbursement. NAHB will reimburse the scholarship recipient up to $600 for roundtrip economy airfare. Airfare add-ons, such as extra leg room or early-bird check-in fees are not eligible for reimbursement.
What is not included in the scholarship?
The following are not included in the scholarship:
- Spouse registration, special event tickets or travel
- Hotel incidentals, such as early check-in
- Other travel/transportation expenses beyond the 4-night hotel stay and airfare to/from Las Vegas, i.e. extended hotel stay fees, taxis, airport shuttles, Lyft, Uber, etc
- Airfare add-on fees, i.e. early-bird check-in, extra leg room, etc
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Can I post about this experience on social media?
Absolutely! Be sure to follow the Builders’ Show and use #IBS2020 #IBSscholarship to share your experience.