LOCATION: Hyatt Regency Orlando - Bayhill 22
REGISTRATION TYPE: IBS Expo-only, but additional purchase required
RELATED DESIGNATION(S): CGA, CGB, CGR
SIGNATURE GROUP(S): Pre-show Course
CONTINUING EDUCATION: NAHB - 6.0 CE hour(s)
Builders and remodelers need to understand accounting principles and job cost procedures and functions in order to properly manage their business. This course will provide the terminology and method foundation necessary to comprehend basic business reporting and job cost procedures, measurement and analysis. In addition, an introduction to the more common types of financing methods for new homes, construction loans and operating capital will be covered.
As a graduate of this course, you will be able to:
• Define concepts and terminology basic to residential construction business accounting
• Describe the value and usage of common financial reports used for measuring business performance, job cost accounting, and variance analysis
• Explain the importance and process of measuring and analyzing job cost against performance
• Identify the essentials of operating capital funding methods.
• Identify common construction and permanent mortgage products and the relative builder/client positions
Attendees must register separately for pre-show courses, which require an additional fee. If you are attending IBS, pre-show courses can be added during the IBS registration process. If you are not attending IBS you can register online in advance for a pre-show course only. Registration for pre-show courses will close in advance of the show. See the pre-show education information for details. Limited onsite registration may be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
REGISTER SEPT. 1, 2020 AT: WWW.BUILDERSSHOW.COM/PRESHOW
NAHB Council Member Fee: $249
NAHB/NKBA Member Fee: $279
Non-Member Fee: $419