What It's About
Take the next step to becoming a small volume land developer by exploring actual site planning and preliminary platting. In this course, you will learn about the typical approval and final platting process through a governing authority. We will also discuss construction of improvements and getting the property ready to sell or develop. The level of content in this course is for individuals new to the land development process.
As a graduate of this course, participants will be able to:
- You will review the land acquisition and development process and explore the last three steps of this eight-step process: site planning, government approvals, and site improvements.
- Recognize what it takes to successfully create a site plan and a preliminary plat.
- Become familiar with the typical government approval process for land development, including the need for public land donation.
- Identify what construction improvements are necessary to get the property ready to sell or develop.
This course qualifies for:
- 3.0 CE for AIBD
- 3 CE for all NAHB Designations except HCCP
How to Register
Attendees must register separately for pre-show courses, which require an additional fee. If you are attending IBS, pre-show courses can be added during the IBS registration process. If you are not attending IBS, you can register online in advance for a pre-show course only. Registration for pre-show courses will close in advance of the show. See the NAHB courses information for details. Limited onsite registration may be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.