What It's About
Learn project management concepts and strategies designed to help you increase your professional value and the value you bring to your company and customers. This course will teach you the basics of successful project management. A successful project is one that is built on time, on budget, and to the customer's satisfaction. The course explains the role of project managers during each phase of a project, including the pre-construction, construction, and post-construction phases. Project management tools and effective management of trade contractors will also be discussed.
As a graduate of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the basics of successful project management
- Execute the pre-construction project management functions and responsibilities
- Implement the tools available for efficient project management
- Manage trade contractors effectively
- Perform project management duties during the project
- Complete the duties and responsibilities of post-project management
This course qualifies for:
- 6 AIA/CES LU
- 6.0 CE for AIBD
- 6 CE for all NAHB Designations except HCCP
How to Register
Attendees must register separately for pre-show courses, which require an additional fee. If you are attending IBS, pre-show courses can be added during the IBS registration process. If you are not attending IBS, you can register online in advance for a pre-show course only. Registration for pre-show courses will close in advance of the show. See the NAHB courses information for details. Limited onsite registration may be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.