Advanced High Performance Building: Best Practices for Climate Zones
Monday, January 30 | 9:00 - 5:00 AM PST
LOCATION: Encore Hotel - Brahms 1
REGISTRATION TYPE: IBS Expo-only, but additional purchase required
SIGNATURE GROUP(S): Pre-show Course
CONTINUING EDUCATION: NAHB - 6.0 CE hour(s)
What It's About
When it comes to high performance home design and construction, the principles of building science remain constant, while their application is determined by a project’s location. This course explains building science principles and demonstrates how to cost-effectively apply them to home building practices and construction techniques to increase the efficiency, performance, comfort and durability of a home in each climate zone.
As a graduate of this course, participants will be able to:
- Examine how building envelopes can be optimized for each climate zone to maximize home performance in remodeling projects.
- Review the benefits of systems based design and construction and how to properly implement these practices in a building project.
- Apply building science principles to building projects to maximize home performance and comfort.
- Identify the best climate zone-specific building practices based on building science and systems based design principles.
This course qualifies for:
- 6.0 CE for AIBD
- 6 LUs for AIA
- 6 CE for all NAHB Designations except HCCP
How to Register
Attendees must register separately for pre-show courses, which require an additional fee. If you are attending IBS, pre-show courses can be added during the IBS registration process. If you are not attending IBS, you can register online in advance for a pre-show course only. Registration for pre-show courses will close in advance of the show. See the pre-show education information for details. Limited onsite registration may be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
REGISTRATION TO OPEN SEPT 1, 2022 AT WWW.BUILDERSSHOW.COM/PRESHOW
NAHB Council Member Fee: $249
NAHB/NKBA Member Fee: $279
Non-Member Fee: $419