What It's About
Protect your business against legal problems with well-written contracts. Many construction or remodeling companies are too small to hire full-time legal staff so it's important to understand basic contract law. This course provides a step-by-step explanation of how contracts sustain positive customer and supplier relations, provide for resolution of disputes, and minimize the risk of litigation. You will learn about mandatory and optional provisions, warranties, and arbitration procedures. Special emphasis is given to troubleshooting contracts for detrimental positions.
As a graduate of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe elements, benefits and interpretation principles of contracts
- Describe contracts recommended for builders and remodelers (Sales Agreements, Construction Contracts, Remodeling Contracts, warranties and subcontractor agreements), including mandatory and optional provisions
- Identify additional resources related to construction law
- Explain how contracts sustain positive customer and supplier relations, provide for resolution of disputes and minimize the risk of litigation
This course qualifies for:
- 6.0 CE for AIBD
- 6 CE for all NAHB Designations except HCCP
All registrants for this class at IBS will get 20% off (savings of $58) Contracts Suite.
How to Register
Attendees must register separately for pre-show courses, which require an additional fee. If you are attending IBS, pre-show courses can be added during the IBS registration process. If you are not attending IBS, you can register online in advance for a pre-show course only. Registration for pre-show courses will close in advance of the show. See the NAHB courses information for details. Limited onsite registration may be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.