Builders' Show Scholarship Program
The 2024 IBS scholarship application is now closed.
Selected applicants will be contacted this August, before registration opens.
The NAHB International Builders' Show® (IBS) Scholarship Program is a way for NAHB members who are 21-35 years old to experience everything IBS offers:
- New experiences
- Professional development through education sessions
- Connections with industry peers
- Networking & learning opportunities with leading industry experts
- Exposure to new trends
- Discovery of innovative products
This IBS Scholarship is a prestigious award that provides recipients with a Full Expo+Education Pass to IBS 2024, roundtrip economy airfare, hotel accommodations for the show, bragging rights... and more!
"I think the show floor in general was my favorite part of the show. I had a lot of great interactions with some new suppliers and vendors. To see new trends, new technology and new products and just be around other people who are excited about home building. The scale and size of the show is remarkable. Everyone says it’s huge but this show is huge."
Jacob Asay, Indwell Homes
"The 2024 IBS is tenfold bigger than my first show. Definitely made a lot of good connections. The amount of content and exposure you can get at the show exceeded my expectation."
Jackie Kline, On Site Management, Inc.
"Going to IBS through the scholarship program was hands-down the best thing I could have done for my business. My #1 goal was IBS Education. You have to figure out what problems you have before you go to the show and sign up for these classes. Fortunately, I did that and attended the classes that fell into those areas and the classes were spot on."
Adam Franco, Franco Building & Remodeling LLC
NAHB members** in good standing between the ages of 21-35. This opportunity is only open to legal residents of the US. Recipients will be required to complete a declaration of eligibility and release form and include tax ID information to receive the scholarship.
** NAHB members must be between 21-35 when applying for the scholarship. If you turn 36 after applying and/or leading up to the show, that is acceptable.
No, if someone else at your company is the NAHB member of record, then you can still apply.
You will need to provide NAHB with their:
- First & Last Name
- Association Number
- NAHB Member Pin ID Number
- HBA/Local Association Name
No, unfortunately we can only offer a limited number of scholarships and we need to give new recipients the opportunity to experience the show.
The IBS 2024 scholarship application is now closed.
Check back Spring 2024 for information about this opportunity for IBS 2025.
To be considered for a scholarship, your final application and video must have been submitted no later than our deadline of July 7, 2023.
All-inclusive access to IBS 2024:
- One IBS 2024 full Expo+Education Pass (includes expo floor and education session access)
- Roundtrip economy airfare for one to Las Vegas (up to $800)
- Hotel accommodations at NAHB designated hotel for duration of the show
- LV Monorail Pass and MORE!
You'll experience everything you need to jump start your career goals in 2024 and have some fun too!
The following are not included in the scholarship:
- Spouse registration, special event tickets or travel/transportation costs
- Hotel incidentals, such as early check-in, bar tabs, etc.
- Other travel/transportation expenses beyond the hotel stay and airfare to/from Las Vegas, i.e., extended hotel stay fees, taxis, airport shuttles, Lyft, Uber, etc.
- Luggage fees
- Airfare add-on fees, i.e., preferred seating, early-bird check-in, extra leg room, etc.
Contact Lauren Wallace with any questions.
No. As a part of the scholarship program experience, all recipients will be required to stay in the same NAHB designated hotel room block. NAHB will cover the room and tax fees for the duration of the show.
All recipients will book their own airfare to/from the Harry Reid International Airport (LAS) and submit their airfare receipt to the scholarship liaison for reimbursement. NAHB will reimburse the scholarship recipient up to $800 for round trip economy airfare.
Airfare add-ons, such as extra leg room or early-bird check-in fees are not eligible for reimbursement.
*FAQs updated July 7, 2023.